There’s a growing number of tools that analyse Android .apks for app vulnerabilities, over zealous permissions, data leakage and malware. You can find a great list at ashishb.net.
I expect tools such as these and those provided by security consultancies will more important as Android becomes even more popular and pervasive. This takes me back to my Symbian days when I thought that Symbian Platsec was over-zealous and instead, thought a phone might police itself in realtime.
There are probably opportunities for such tools (apps) that go further than just looking for signatures of malware.
- Android Popularity
- Android Anti-Virus Software Prone to Transformation Attacks
- App Vulnerabilities
- App Data Protection and Security
- I'll be Speaking at the Free Make IT Mobile Event
- Accenture's Predictions and Developer Opportunities
- Mobile Payments, Security and Convenience
- Enterprise Mobile Challenges
- SSL Apps Vulnerable to Attack
- Top Threats to Mobile Computing
- Mercury Android Security Assessment
- Android Vulnerability
- Mobile a Rising Security Threat
- Security of Third Party Login Tokens
- m-Payment and App Security
- Android IPSec and Hardware Emissions