If you are a mobile web developer you might be interested in quirksmode’s mobile browser compatibility tables. There’s a great table of browser features vs compatibility with Opera, Opera Mini, S60 Webkit, Netfront, BlackBerry, Internet Explorer mobile and Skyfire.
My initial thoughts are that this table doesn’t cover everything yet there are still significant differences. Also, it doesn’t start to consider web runtimes (additional APIs). This isn’t a criticism - just an observation that web development is also far from trivial.
- Dynamically Resizing Image Service
- Widget API Fragmentation
- Runtimes, Frameworks and Fragmentation
- Web Runtimes
- More on Mobile Applications and Web Services
- Is the Future of Mobile the Web?
- FOM: Future of Mobile
- Vodafone User Agent
- Mobile Web Browsing User Experience
- Top US Mobile Web Sites
- W3C Mobile Web Best Practices