Canalys have just released their smartphone statistics for Q2 2008.
- 38% of smartphones shipping in EMEA have GPS integrated
- Smartphone growth is slowing compared to the previous 18 months
- 58% of phones ship with WiFi
- Nokia has 71.2% of the market, declining from 79.7%
- Devices with touch screens represented 13% of the smartphone market
- How big is the EMEA phone market as a whole (not just smartphones)?
- What percentage of the EMEA market is smartphones and is this increasing or decreasing?
- Is smartphone growth just growth of the mobile phone market and not smartphones?
- Why is Nokia so strong? Probably because Apple, Blackberry and Windows Mobile are more popular in N America which is outside EMEA.